The One Bermuda Alliance (OBA), a political party, operates on the principles of Opportunity, Responsibility, Transparency, Fairness, Inclusiveness and Service and we are looking for a proactive and talented Consultant Communications Specialist to join our team.
In this unique role, you will support the goals of the OBA through political commentary, media and community relations. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing and editing content and messaging, talking points, press releases, articles and opinion pieces
- Drafting speeches and preparing presentations
- Managing press conferences and maintaining good media relations
- Amplifying OBA messages on multiple social media channels
- Preparing donor development materials
- Helping draft OBA electronic direct mail
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Political Science or related field
- 5 years’ media or public relations experience
- Knowledge of Bermuda government organizational structures and policies
- Highly-skilled writer able to confidently engage multiple audiences for print, broadcast media, web and in-person presentations; able to edit the copy of others
- Substantive track record of producing excellent communications and content that achieves real outcomes
- Local press and broadcast media experience
- Social media activations and web content management
- Superb attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to produce accurate work on tight deadlines
Candidates must be authorized to work in Bermuda and will be based in Bermuda. Flexibility to accommodate work hours that include holidays and weekends will also be required.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position along with a sample of your work to [email protected].
Applications should be submitted before 5pm on January 15, 2021.