Jeff Sousa has been involved in the community all his life, particularly working with young people and helping them to find careers and encouraging more Bermudians to enter horticulture and technical fields.
Jeff is a successful entrepreneur and businessman who knows what it takes to build something from the ground up. As a member of the One Bermuda Alliance government from 2012 to 2017, he helped to turn the Bermuda economy around.
- Husband and father of two and grandfather of two
- MP for Warwick West from 2012-2017
- Founder and President of Sousa’s Landscaping Management Co Ltd and Sousa’s Gardens
- Former president and board member of Hamilton Rotary Club
- Former chairman of the Occupational Advisory Committee for Horticulture
- Mentor with the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation
- Spearheaded evolving the Ag Show into the very successful public/private partnership it is today. Currently sits as a member of the AG Show Ltd board
- Chairman of the National Training Board. Led the board to produce Bermuda’s first National Training Plan
Now running in Constituency 36 – Sandys North – Jeff brings the same energy and enthusiasm to the challenge.
In the wake of the Covid-19 crisis and the cancellation of the cruise season, resident and businesses in the area have been hit hard and the time for new ideas and recovery is vital. The OBA brought the America’s Cup to Dockyard, but since 2017, nothing has been done to take advantage of the infrastructure that was created for the event.
Jeff Sousa and the OBA have the experience and the energy to revitalize Dockyard, Mangrove Bay and the whole of Sandys North.
Better education for a better Bermuda
As someone who has worked with young people all of his life, Jeff is concerned about the direction of education and the lack of commitment to technical education under the Progressive Labour Party. If elected he would campaign for technical education and for an independent education authority which would take the politics out of schools.