Douglas De Couto holds a PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is among the very best engineering and technology universities in the world.
He is the head of portfolio analytics for Aspen Re, working at the very heart of Bermuda’s reinsurance sector – the main driver of the Bermuda economy.
Douglas represents the very best of Bermuda, competing with the best in the world. He represents the kind of world-beating leadership Bermuda needs in Parliament.
- Head of Cat Portfolio Analytics at Aspen Re
- Held executive roles at Renaissance Re
- PhD Computer Science, MIT
- Served in the Bermuda Regiment
- Competitive sailor
- Board member of the National Museum of Bermuda and keenly interested in the history of all our people
- Justice of the Peace
- Husband and father
Douglas can bring his forensic analytical skills to bear on seemingly intractable problems for Bermuda like health care and Bermuda business development. Vote for Douglas and Bermuda will do better!